Friday, August 21, 2009

Chapter 01: Introduction to J2EE

This chapter gives an overview of the what & why of J2EE. In Tamil language, i have interactively explained assuming that my best friend is sitting next to me.

J2EE is the abbreviation of Java 2 Enterprise Edition.
The jargon 'Java' can be broke up into THREE main components.
  1. J2SE : Java 2 Standard Edition
  2. J2EE : Java 2 Enterprise Edition.
  3. J2ME : Java 2 Micro (or Mobile) Edition.
J2SE:
J2SE is the basic form. This is the actual programming language. The other two are actually
derivatives. It's also termed as "core java" or "pure java" in some locales. Basically used to create small scale applications that runs on a CUI. Implementation of "Applets" concept helps create GUI based applications.
Note:
CUI is Character user interface. It's like the black-white DOS prompt where you can interact with the system only via characters. GUI is Graphical user interface. As the name indicates, "Graphical", you can control the applcation through mouse & clicking buttons, etc.
J2ME:
Simply put, This edition is used for creating operating systems, softwares & games for mobiles.
J2EE:
This is what we are gonna dig in & get our hands dirty. The real deal.
Till version 1.4, it is named J2EE 1.4. Ever since 1.4, it's termed JEE these days.
Latest version, 1.5 is named JEE 5. And FYI, JEE 6 is released recently.

Normal Java (termed J2SE) is a programming language.
J2EE is Not a Programming language or a Software.
J2EE is officially termed as a "Tehnology".
For me,
JEE is
  1. J2SE + Some API's.
  2. Server programming language.
  3. Used for building java - based web applications.
  4. Supports Dynamic web page creation thorugh 'JSP' & 'Servlets' concept.
NOTE:
PHP, ASP (from Microsoft) are other counterparts for JSP. These languages are scripting languages. They are all used for building dynamic web applications.

Watch the chapter as an interactive video in tamil.

 

Download Video Source: High-Quality : 16 MB

Click below arrow to download….

Part 1:

Part 2:

32 comments:

  1. Hello Vignesh Your Videos are Really good...

    I just started my blog and my Blog Is to Link best resources found on net in one single spot for the freshers...

    I thought i could use your page link too...If you permit and have no problem with my linkings...

    Kamath.geek@gmail.com.....
    amizo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u plz upload in english...i need it for my job..plzz bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can u teach java opensource in tamil. spring or Hibernate. plzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hai vicky... its really awesome ... great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi viki,
    I was working as a software engineer and then two years out of track... now want to give a fresh start.. please guide me
    thanks,
    anitha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anitha: Welcome back to the industry;)
    I might not be the right person to guide but I can give my opinion. Tell me more about your past work. Leave me a mail (er.vignesh@indiatimes.com).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great designer sarees collections, we also have cool, stylish, fashionable party wear sarees, bridal sarees, wedding sarees, embroidery sarees and huge collections designer salwar kameez wears for womens, so be stylish and walk with modern outfits, specially for you.

    www.pothys.com has wide range of designer sarees, bridal sarees, party sarees, wedding sarees and embroidery designer sarees with affordable rates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    could u upload the example for anu web application projects and also java frameworks..

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi vignesh your j2ee video really useful for me.
    one suggestion how to deploy the download video in ur blogspot post pls send the details for me my id nganeshm1988@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. one of the best tutorial series :) :) expecting more series from you bro :) Good Luck with your carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi vignesh it great work u did thanks for the information shared

    ReplyDelete
  12. u have did a great job bro thanku....can u pls teach me java ?????????

    ReplyDelete
  13. HR interview question and answer give some example like tell me abt ur self? i am parbu. i just complete msc xxx...........

    ethula neenga stronga irukinga? java...

    (english)(voice tamil)...

    thnkxxx

    i am waiting 4r ur post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog!!! What about mine?
    svmart.biz

    ReplyDelete
  15. vey nice video for j2ee. me working as a lecturer in rural college... your tamil video for j2ee very super to our student... can you send text material for j2ee in tamil to my id deivamani.j@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi..this's vijay,,,pls upload videos of EJB..

    ReplyDelete
  17. J2EE intro is really good .. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have explained well and talking about java is a new level of understanding about the programming language. Thanks I learn from your experience and teachings. If you could point out more codes and how to do some application I will appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are really nice but i'll need a basic idea on struts framework

    ReplyDelete
  20. nalla irukku pls give me your mobile no .my name is govind live in chennai my mobile no 99446666256

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi i am karthik this is helpful for beginner

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have seen your tutorial vikki very nice. your are examples of the best student in the future
    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  24. its useful one for all basic learners br.....thank u a lot.i got many information from this above videos & text. before seeing ur videos i'm not clear in J2EE but now i saw ur above videos & text so now clear my some doubts again thanks to u br......i'm expecting more videos related any useful languages because its will helpful to all basic learners including me toooooooooo...................

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanx alot sir. Ur tutorials r great. easy 2 understand.The best thing is it is in tamil. As im new to J2EE. The beginning with ur tutorials made me curious to study more on J2EE. I have some doubts. & i need some advices. So can u please send me ur email address? I need some guidance. Thanx alot again.
    Niru.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you all for writing beautiful words about this blog. All you ask of me is to, "upload more videos", and I will do it! Surely. My email id is vignesh.professional@gmail.com. You can contact me for any questions/doubts from these videos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. its really Helpfull.. And, even a school student also can understand easily.. SO, PLZ CONTINUE..wit MORE&MORE Videos.. Share all ur Technologies known 2 u sir... ALL d BEST 4 ur Future

    ReplyDelete
  28. it looks very good but can't you upload in english

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice work.....pls continue this..

    @swathi@

    ReplyDelete
  30. very nice and helpful for all beginners , how can i download ur video , plz do as same as java framework also.

    ReplyDelete

Our Google Group

Our Facebook Group